As a big rig driver, you have to deal with all sorts of bad weather, but nothing takes a toll on your vehicle like the winter months. Here are some tips to make sure your rig is ready:
- Check your tires. Old tires can cause serious traction problems.
- Check your fluids. Make sure you have the proper levels of coolant and water, or else you might end up with a cracked cylinder block or a truck that refuses to start.
- Check your oil. Normally, 15W-40 works in most temperatures, but if you’re driving in cold extremes it’s a good idea to switch to 10W-40.
- Check your lights. Make sure your hazards, headlights, and turn signals are all functioning properly.
- Check the weather and check your route.
For repair products, look to First Motion Products. They understand that every minute your truck is down it is losing you money, and promise to get you back on the road fast.